Thursday 26 April 2007

Dedicated

Didn't really mention but been put on a training course from work. Should last around 6 weeks. And if I pass the final test at the end I should get a pay rise and much better job opportunities. As where I am at now I'm earning pretty much the most I ever can. Hence I've gotta make the transition from aircraft mechanic to aircraft certifyer. Not easy being back in the class room. Getting freaked out by all the crazy wiring diagrams and troubleshooting programs used on the plane. Guess its normal that I'm not sleeping very well lately. Even the slightest thing wakes me up. Stressed out you could say.

At least there wa some amusement to be had. Went to return my temporary pass at the training school security gate, to swap back my work pass. The guard on duty picked up 1 of the passes in front of him and handed it to me, "Is this yours?" he genuinely asked?

I looked at it. The pass had a picture of a Filipino on it... not just that but a Filipino female air hostess... "ummm, no" I replied. So he tried again. He looked thru the passes he had in front of him and picked up the next one, again asking if it was me. Closer this time, it was a man, but a very dark skinned Arab chap with the local head dress and robes on. Rather than stand there all day and have him go through every single pass on the table i learnt into the guard hut and picked mine out. Not really out of the ordinary, everyone here seems to have the same level of dedication to their jobs. Bare minimum is the expected norm... and ad to say it is rubbing off on some of the European guys i work with.. sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home