Tuesday 29 May 2007

A higher level

My advanced skillz in the art of sleeping have made me somewhat of legend to those around me. I've been know to be able to sleep amidst the sound of blazing M-16s, exploding grenades, shrieking rocket launchers, thumping artillery and yelling soldiers, during my days in the army. It was also during that time I mastered the art of falling asleep at the drop of a hat (or helmet). Was indeed very useful as it enabled to constantly top up my rest and thus maintain a good overall energy level. It reached the point where I could go for days without any proper sleep, as long as I could snatch an hour or 2 here and there.

When I left the forces I continued perfecting my skills of sleeping. And gained my next skill. It developed from spending time around my mum. She would talk at me for hours about totally pointless and inane stuff. And I could never escape with incurring her wrath. So I learnt the skill of spacing out or doing other stuff, but while by all definitions, ignoring her. My brain had managed to store the last 1min or 30sec of whatever she might have talked about. My brain would then automatically generate a response, with a sentence from that stored 1min of her conversation. Thus making it seem as thou I was paying complete attention to her. Later thru many weeks/months/years of practice I transformed this to a skill used while I was asleep. She would talk to me while I was asleep, but yet I could respond every so often with that generated automatic response consisting of the last 1min worth of conversation thrown in.

Now I've gained my latest skill. Unconscious studying! During the past month's Airbus A-330 type course, as to be expected I've been falling asleep constantly during the lectures. But in the past week or so despite my being asleep, people around me have commented that whilst being asleep I was able to turn the pages thru the course book together with everyone. I've also been able to spontaneously wake up the moment everyone started jotting down important notes off the board. And to top it all I've even been able to explain how a system basically works even thou I was asleep during the whole explanation!

Wonder what the next level of my chosen art will have in store for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home