Thursday 31 May 2007

A slight delay

Was in complete shock yesterday evening. I lent a nice sum of cash to a work colleague well over 6mths ago. He promised me he would pay me back in a months time when the next pay cheque came in. Apparently it was to help his sick mother thru her hospital treatment. But unknown to me he had played the same card to several other people in the work place. All with same story. The sum he borrowed totalled £2000++. And no surprise, month after month would pass and he would keep dodging payments, as well as phone calls and people. So I thought why not go thru the motions again this month and ask. Again it started off looking like I'd be fobbed off, especially with his response of,

"could you come back in 15mins or so I gotta check if I've got any cash in my account to pay you back"

But to my shock and amazement when I came back 20mins later he had the sum in full! Truly wonders shall never cease!

Also having lived in this apartment for well over a year, finally the local government has decided to grace us with the luxury of a road! For over a year all of us living here have had to drive across a good kilometer of desert/ building site debris. Just this morning as we rode out to school, workmen turned up to clear away old bricks and cinder blocks as well as level out the desert. But true to form, as I pulled in late this evening some of the residents in my block had decided to do handbrake turns and donuts in the flattened and planed road substrate. Carving sizable channels thru the nicely planed sand. Annoyances...

Also finished my Airbus A330 course today. Passed with a very consistent result. 85%, that has been my result for just about every modular exam I did! Not bad considering how much sleeping in class I did, as well as the amount of naps I took at home. Not to mention, the goofing off, watching TV, mincing and general time wasting I engaged in when I should have been studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home