Tuesday 5 June 2007

What does the future hold

Its been nearly a whole year since I saw my precious RX8 last. Over the past few days in prelude to seeing her again I've been looking at bits to help her perform better. Mainly suspension bits, stuff from Tein, AutoEXE and FEED. I've always been a fan of handling over power. Any idiot can go fast in a straight line, only a good driver can go fast round corners. One of the reason I chose a RX8. But anyway I've decided to turn down getting any bits till I can ascertain my RX8s future.

It's by far the best car I've ever owned. But with my current life I only see it 1 month a year. Which begs the question is it worth having? Think I'll be keeping her till around 2009. But if i still cannot understand which direction my life is going in I'll really have to sell her.

So much for all the plans I had for her when we 1st met. Wanted to tune her up following a different route from everyone else. Emphasising handling and reliability over looks and power. Wanted to stay away from big loud exhausts, body kits, big GT wings, turbos and the like and stick to stability and speed round corners coupled with strong mid range power.

Ahhh, making me relive all those dreams again. But sadly I'll have to let those dreams fade for now. Seems sad to let dreams die like that but I'll try to let them live on in different ways. Driver training I guess is a good way. Best way to make a faster is by putting the right driver behind the wheel. I've seen so many examples of how fast a good driver can make a slow car.

But still I really hope there will be a day when I can own a car of my choosing tuned to the way I want. Seems like a long uncertain road ahead before that day thou.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home