Friday 11 April 2008

In my court

It's getting to that point I have the urge to get out. To run to escape from this HOLE of a place. But as with all moves I've grown somewhat inert. Resistant to change or doing anything. Basically comfortable, indifferent and lazy all at the same time. Part of me wants to go because of all the reasons I keep bitchin about in this blog. Plus once back to contracting I get to earn a good deal more cash than I currently do. But on the flip side it will be more unstable. Every 6mths or (usually)less I will have to face the reality of losing my job, hell in some cases they can be as short a job as 2 weeks. Plus staying here is comfortable. I'm not pushed too hard. I'm viewed as butt lazy and useless so I have no expectations to live up to. So its an easy job if u discount the arseholes in HR and some of the people I work with.

But still its not the way forward. I can't live my whole life like this, I've gotta make a move. But when? When is the right time to make that move out of the comfort zone? Waiting for the right time could mean waiting a lifetime. Guess no time like the present. So my plan of action goes like this. Winding down my life here by moving back as much as I can when I head back to the UK for my A320 course. Then once that is complete. Start sending out CV's and applying for contracts.

Fingers crossed I will be able to get out of here before March 09. And that is a deadline. Move earlier would be much better. Granted stress is gonna be thru the roof for me. But in the end that bank balance should make it worth it... I hope.

Either way it will surely be a steep learning curve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home