Friday 30 January 2009

Black sheep

Week was frustrating and a pain. If this keeps up I'm definitely gonna look harder at leaving here. Which is not totally a bad thing as I really should get my arse in gear. Thing that really ruffled my feathers this week was having my hard earned OT money "taken away"

I say it in inverted comas cos legally it wasn't but let me explain n just form your own opinion. Every month I am allocated a minimum number of hours to work. If I do over that figure I get paid OT. If I do under, that minimum is what I get paid. So I work out a weekly average of hours I got to work to keep me on track to hit OT money. So far this month it was going pretty good. As every week so far I did at least 6hours OT. All except this week.

It was well known that there was no official aircraft for me to work on. So at the start of the week I volunteered to work on an aircraft at another hangar complex a short drive away. But the management decided to keep me at my current hangar. with no official aircraft to fix, rather than take my suggestion or move me onto another aircraft to assist as an unlicensed engineer or as a mechanic or attaching me to another maintenance dept, they chose to send me home. Come the next day, I had barely signed in to work, scarcely finished putting my stuff away in my locker when I was told to go home, no effort even to see what work I could do. In for a mere 30mins. But in a graceful act of generosity my foreman told me to clock in for an hour instead! Wow... what a nice guy... of cause this is the same guy who is not even bothering to make an effort to get me a job to do. Next day? Same shit again, sent home with just a few hours under my belt. By the following day I really could not be bothered to stay at work and try salvage my OT as I would have to clock 17 extra hours to get a reasonable number of hours above that minimum. So I was all up for going home. Which sure enough I was. And today I stepped into work fingers crossed for the same but as luck would have it, no chance. I had gotten my request which I had made at the start of the week and was sent to the other hanger from Friday till Monday. Hardly worth it, as it was just 2 days, but no complaints as that would allow me to skip night shift next week.

So to salvage my OT now if I still wanted to I would have to do in excess of 20 hours before sunday... Ain't happening. My working hours could have been so easily sorted this week if even an effort was made to get me any old menial task to do. Just no such effort was made. But I might add, that was just for me as the other engineers on shift were sent to different depts or working as mechanics... guess that tells me how I am viewed by my foreman. Also his comment I over heard seemed to show his disdain for me. Commenting that I had made no effort at getting my security pass sorted out. No effort??? Its not even my job to get it sorted... Someone else gets paid a wage to sort that out, so am I supposed to do their job while they sit about doing dick all? Oh wait, I suppose I am, after all it does seem to be what this company is built on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home