Wednesday 6 June 2007

Memories

Met up with "O" this evening to pass him the cash for Sleepyheads Blitz BOV order. Met at starbucks and as usually from the get go the topic was cars. Mainly his rebuild for his RX7 FD. The topicthen of cause drifted to my RX8 and my worries regarding its future. Being a 7 man he was pretty unsympathetic and said maybe i should sell it... and buy a FD... Told him if he could garentee it to run 1st time when I let it sit on a driveway for 11 months I just might get one.But in all seriousness I would love to own one. But I still dont see myself as good enough a driver to propperly handle a 7 yet.

Anyway we took a drive down to his garage so I could pick up some bits for my Silvia. On the drive there I was following behind "O" Eclipse. Speeding thru the streets hot on his tail just reminded me so much of those days chasing John and sleepy thru the country roads of Wiltshire. Man I miss those days so much. Plus it really makes ya apreciate ya regular driving buddies. Was so different following "O" compaired to sleepy. With Sleepy I could tell where he was going, what he was going to do etc, sometimes without even looking at his car. Something I couldn't do at all with "O" Leaving me to a lot of last minute guess work. Man hopefully those days of tearing thru the countryside with the ol' gang isnt far away.

Also had to turn down "O"s offer to drive his RX7 FC as it was getting a lil too late at 11pm and with a final exam looming tomorrow. Really wanted to drive in it. Been such a long time since I've driven a propper car... Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home