Tuesday 15 April 2008

Masses of effect

As any avid RPG'er knows. Never stop a RPG mid way just to start a new RPG. Because as "we" all know if ya do that you will totally forget what the hell you were doing when you get back to the RPG you abandoned. Spending days sometimes going thru your inventory, trying to work out what items you were gonna sell. Not to mention trying to work out where you are on the map and what the hell you are doing there. Then lets not even get started on the quest list, what have you started and how far along are you in those partially complete quests? Months could ebb away before you figure out who you have spoken to and given what to... Anyway its a mess.

But I broke that rule as I have finally had my dungeon's fill of Oblivion. And having hammered through Rainbow6 Vegas, Half Life 2 and Ghost Recon 2 in a couple of weeks I am now left with just 1 game which I have not touched in my collection. MASS EFFECT. I know some people have been put off by the game due to the saturation style advertisement tactics Bioware employed. But out in the dessert there is none of that.

A lil fiddly trying to place a traditional RPG world of swords & spells into a sci-fi context. Plus they have thrown in FPS for the fighting bits. But once ya get to grips with it. It is awesome. Sure the graphics are very pretty even on a poo TV but the more important thing to me is the story. It's sooooo good. A great story that puts many a film to shame.Plus for all those Capt Kirk fans, you even get to get jiggy wit alien females, LOL! Been on this for a week now. Exploring every corner of the galaxy my starship will allow. Mmmmm more days of addiction lay ahead. Just don't remind me of the headache awaiting me once I pick up Oblivion again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home