Tuesday 12 August 2008

Cunting Bastards

WARNING!!! Long and swear filled post WARNING!!!

Well it was inevitable. Loads of people told me so, but I went ahead anyway. Call it pure stupidity, call it doing it my way, call it what ever you want to. Because when you come down to it, even I don't know what to call it. I suppose the best description would be called, looking for a good shafting. As that best describes what happened.

Against the overwhelming advice of EVERYONE I asked, I handed my notice in. As opposed to doing the normal, skipping the country n never showing up at work again. And here's how it played out for me...

Gave my month's notice. All seemed fine n good. Till my very last shift. 1st thing, got a told by the evil HR manager I owe the company money. Because I took more leave than I should have. To the tune of £800. Was not really surprised as they pulled the same shit on "J". Was ravingly pissed off but a little surprised since I was told I had to take 3 weeks unpaid in order to have enough leave to do my A320 course a couple months back. So how could I owe them time?

Needless to say I disputed it. So a further meeting was arranged 2 days later, as it was the on set of the weekend. So passed 2 frustratingly long days. Made even longer by the fact that my wife's & my passport which I had to hand over to the evil HR was still not back to me, despite being told cancellation takes 2 days and by now it was 5 days later. Methinks they are using my wife's & my passport as bargaining chips to force me into paying. But no proof, so what can I say eh?

So 1st working day comes. And the shit slowly works its way thru the whirling blades of the fan. Now they spring it on me that that £800 was a low figure there were rounding off. Keeping it lo because they were playing nice. Now because I have questioned their benevolence, they will start to work things out more precisely, starting by adding in a portion of my annual tickets as I had not yet completed a years work yet. So I said ok fine but still does not explain the so called days I owe them, plus I pushed for my right to a repatriation ticket for the wife n me. Which they obviously weren't having. So by the end of all that pushing and shoving I was now being done for £1100. Of cause demanding that if they were gonna do that I would insist they paid me all the pay they refused to give me even thou my contract stated I should be paid it. So again they adjourned it till the next day. Only good news that day was I managed to get our passports back by stating that the British embassy would be promptly called if passports were not swiftly placed in my hand.

So now comes the final meeting. Final more because today would be the day Wifey flies off and tomorrow would be the day I fly off so I can't really drag it out any longer. Now they call into question a bunch of other "owed days", plus the portion of my annual ticket, I now owed them the quite literally grand sum of £2,256.39.

HOW!!! HOW!!!!How did this get worked out you might be screaming, cos I certainly was.To keep it short n simple. Main thing they did me for was 8 days no pay leave I apparently agreed to take but got paid 4. Next, my annual leave slip said 0 days leave left but in reality I was told that the number was negative. Just that the company policy only shows negative when the employee leaves(a lil suspicious??) And the sum of money owed cos of my advance ticket allowance. Finally I had to payback 6 days leave because I took my 2008 leave allowance, but of cause 2008 has not ended yet.

And needless to say a big NO WAY from them to my duking it out to get the money my contract says I should have gotten. Sensing I was going to push this further, they casually mentioned that 3 weeks are in question following my training in Switzerland where they had no record of me being at work. Despite me signing in daily and having work I preformed stamped and signed by myself as well as counter stamped by colleagues, they, needless to say had no record of any of this. So if I wanted to push further they would bring those 3 weeks into play. But they weren't cos they were, I quote Evil HR man here, "being reasonable". BTW the sum they were going to push for was £7100!

SO I dropped it. Banked my losses at £2,256.39. Sure I could have taken it to court and disputed it further. But It was my wifes last day in country, and I still had moving and packing to do, and I am flying tomorrow. And If the lawyers came into play. It would drag out for a good portion of the next year, maybe even beyond before I saw any result. So if it played out in my favour in court I would get a bunch of cash. But on the other hand a big black mark by my name, lots of bad blood and a good portion of my free time in the coming year taken up by the headache of court proceedings. End of the day people around me know the deal and what is really going on here. That Is more important to me.

Still cant believe that when I paid the £2,256.39 sum. The local currency had some coins I had to pay. The coins came to around 6p. When the accountant counted the cash he made sure that 6p was in the envelope, as did the Evil HR. For Fuck Sake, penny pinching is supposed to be a saying not a literal act. But I suppose it does sum this lot up.

And people know the deal here. My Shift leader who I never was too fond of and really thought of as an arsehole to me has come right around and in sympathy granted me my final shift off work. That really has changed my feeling toward him. Goes to show a final impression is just as important as a first impression. He's alright in my books. Also in light of my situation it seems that the general school of thought of stealthily jumping ship has been reinforced to become the correct thing and safer thing to do.

Believe me I am spitting blood and foaming at the teeth over this. Every fiber of my being is raging over this Arse fucking I have been dished, despite being one of the only guys who has left the company by the book since it 1st opened its doors for business. But it's resentment, hatred and bad feeling like this that can consume you. Leaving you a grumpy bitter old man, swathed in an aura of negative karma. I chose to leave it be and put the money I paid out as the price of the A330/A340 course I recieved and forget about it. Live and learn, move on with your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home