Saturday 14 June 2008

Stop messing about

Finished my A320 course a few days back. By far the most chilled out, relaxed course I have EVER done in my life. To start off with I still paid attention in class and did reading up etc. But by the 2nd week that had already evaporated. And I spent most of the class hours watching Macross F and Deathnote for the next few weeks. And after school instead of revision or homework, hours were spent on my Xbox. I actually completed my 2nd playthru of Mass effect and Gears of war during that time.

This how an average day at school went. Breakfast at 7am. Walk to school for 8am. But as always, late, arrive at 8:15am. struggle for 5mins to stay awake thru lecture. 5mins in I give in and unashamedly slump onto the desk unconscious. 9am lecture ends. I wake up and flick thru my study materials. 9:30am, bored. I load up VLC with Macross. Midday, lunch time. 1pm lunch ends, I pick up my study materials worried that I really should do SOME study. I did pay alot of money for this course and if I failed it would really suck. I study till around 1:30pm. Can't take no more, load up Robot Chicken on VLC. 2:15pm, bored of Robot Chicken I look thru my study materials again. Slowly my head starts to rest on the table as I flick thru the pages. My head is now flat on the table, drool commin outta my mouth, eyes flickering shut, but amazingly I'm still turning those pages... 3pm everyone calls it a day, wiping the drool off my cheek I pack up and walk back to the B&B. 3:30pm, get changed and shower. 3:45pm, call wifey and prepare tomorrows packed lunch and tonights dinner. 5:45pm cook my delicious dinner of tinned beans, anti-pesto, canned tuna and instant noodles. 6pm eat dinner and watch The Simpsons on TV. 6:30pm Simpsons over I start to fall asleep. Midnight, I slowly crawl outta bed, guilty I wasted the whole evening, I fire up the Xbox. Load up Race Driver Grid, next few hours are spent saying, just 1 last race. Glance at my watch, 5am, no point sleeping now if breakfast is at 7. 6:45am brush teeth and get changed. 7am, breakfast, now go back to the top of the paragraph and read again. That is a typical day.

1 of the guys on the course commented he ran out of note pad space for his notes so I gave him my note pad. He asked if it was ok and where would I write my notes. Notes? I asked. The class let out a muffled gasp of astonishment. Looking around everyone had reams and stacks of notes! I hadn't picked up a pen at all thru the course! Started to get a lil worried and panicky. 2 mins later I began to care less, back to anime and sleeping.

Well as the age old English saying goes, "The proof is in the pudding" I scored 91% in the final exam. Beating others in the class who put in more effort than myself. Well, everyone put in more effort than me. It does often cross my mind how well I could do if I took my secondary school teachers advice. Of which she would always write in my report cards. "Needs to stop messing around and apply himself more"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home