Friday 13 February 2009

Burnin Rubber

Those who have met me will say I like cars. Those who know me will say I like driving. The latter is certainly more true than the former. With most of my driving life spent in generic wheeled boxes, as the nomadic nature of my job prohibits me from owning any vehicle that is half decent. My RX8 is an exception to that as I got that while still holding a normal 9 to 5 lifestyle. A relic of a time long gone.

But I still understand that learning the basics of driving can be done in anything with wheels. As such I'm making the most of my time driving these boxes. Concentrating on learning how to keep momentum thru the turns by lining up the corners correctly. How to make the most of the road surface available. Practising on keeping the car stable in the turns.

Thou all this practising on the corners is definitely leaving its mark. Blessed with the cheapy rubber these rentals are shod with, after just 2 months the strain is starting to show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home