Thursday 2 April 2009

Poor quality

Realised a bit of shocking news, for me anyway. While paying my rental car bill I noticed a reference chart on the wall behind the clerk. It stated the fuel tank capacities for the various cars they had. I noticed mine had a 50 litre fuel tank. I always thought it was a 40 litre.

Which after some quick mental math I realised mean the shitty rental I was driving about did a mere 8 km per litre of fuel... comparing to my RX8 which did 8.5km per litre! And this car is a total boat handling wise, totally gutless and totally laggy due to the auto transmission.

I know its a completely boring thing to blog about to everyone else but after being hammered by other car owners when they realise I drive a rotary. Their line is always how unreliable, fuel and oil thirsty it is...

Never had any problems with a rotary. And certainly can't imagine anything close to the issues thrown up with the cars here.

Really miss driving my car. Life here has been very "meh" as of late. Really have no get up and go. Still on the tail end of recovery and still in the throes of poor working morale. It is getting to the point that if I don't get some kind of type course or other reason to stay on or maybe even a shift to another unit, I think it may be time to pack it in soon. Money certainly ain't the best here. Working hours are too long but at the same time too little cos they subtract a good deal for breaks. Work is unforfilling and guys I like working with are few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home