Thursday 14 August 2008

Going home?

Well its my last evening in this apartment. Been my home for around 2.5 years. Thou at the start it was always a temporary place. But the months dragged on and despite the less than desirable global location it really did become home. And now the time has come to leave. Not a surprising turn of events but what was surprising was how much I have actually become attached to this place. Almost had a tear squeeze past as I took a last look at the place. Especially when I saw Wifey's half drunk cup of coffee sat at her computer table. All the memories of the good times we had within these walls coming back.

All the memories of the pool parties in the early days. The hours spent watching Arirang and discovery before falling asleep on the sofa. Also the dear friends I've left behind in the building. I can only hope that I will see them again 1 day.

Carrying my bags out of the apartment I took 1 last look down the hall way of what was my home. It felt so sad that I will never see this place again. Standing in the lift on the way down I carved wifey and my initials in the lift door just as "V" and "K" had done when they left.

So used had I become to this place that as I left I didn't even think twice when I locked the door and drove to the airport with the house keys in my pocket. Just hope the watch man has a spare set or clearing up my apartment could be rather inconvenient... D'oh


















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home