Wednesday 10 June 2009

Who's da boss

Life as of late seems to never be short of throwing up surprises. At 6am today, considerably before I even awoke. I got a message stating to attend the morning Foreman's meeting. Courtesy of my foreman, who is currently on holiday. During the meeting I was informed another meeting would be held regarding the jobs to be carried out on the aircraft I was suddenly put in charge of. Urrgh another meeting.

Even before I could walk out of that meeting I got another message from my on holiday foreman. I had to attend yet another meeting regarding next weeks scheduled aircraft input. Y-a-y... another meeting.

The whole day was spent reviewing aircraft task cards, organising spare requirements and planning the restoration of a cannibalised aircraft.

Although it has not been said, to all intents and purposes I seem to be filling in for my foreman. As such, an acting foreman. Which means, attending lots of meetings and added responsibility. Responsibility that back in Europe would mean extra pay, but not here. Not to mention the thing I hate about all this the most... the meetings. I so HATE meetings. Hours slipping and what little achievement made is certainly not matched by the time spent.

Sadly with my foreman and the 2nd in charge both away on holidays till the end of the week. Tll then, guess I'm stuck in my current position. Sigh, just wanna go back to the the quiet unassuming life of a simple engineer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home