Monday 21 September 2009

Use it or lose it

I should have blogged a helluva long time ago but didn't, laziness probably a prime factor. Well in that time my boss at work has changed and he's actually a nice easy going kinda guy. So life has been good. But as with karma, you can't have life too comfortable. Was told few days back that someone i don't really like working around will be on my shift. So back to putting on a front...

Just swapped ISP as the previous ISP started enforcing their 3gb (pathetic I know) per mth limit. So they throttle it back from the previous 256K-ish speed to something single digits... like maybe 5K or such. Even the Google landing page had problems loading!!! Big thanks to "L" for helping us make the switch.

On another note, thinking of taking up a perm contract here. I mean hey if I'm gonna be out here for about a year more I might as well go perm, seeing as the pay is a bit less than contract, but then factor in free/ discount flights plus leave and it probably ain't too different. Main factor for the consideration is the currency of my license. Having 3 types and 1 more on the way plus another in the near future. At the mo this lot have only decided to give me currency on 1/2 of 1 type. So if I don't get all the rest of em made current in the next year I will stand to lose em... That if anything will be the main consideration when it comes to signing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home