Tuesday 30 October 2007

Questionable

Ever had those times at work when you wonder if those above you have a clue? Been working with a chap over the past year who is a level above me but only makes me shudder to acknowledge that fact. As every time I have worked with him I have ended up wondering if HE has any clue about what HE is doing at all. And coming from me that is pretty severe, as I am easily bamboozled. Add to that the guy is very nonchalant about stamping off just about any job, whether it was carried out properly or not, or simply because management tells him to do so.


Had another run in with him again this shift. 1st occurrence was after the shift hand over when I asked if certain things had been carried out on the aircraft, to which HE replied yes. Taking his word for it I proceeded with my tasks. And whist doing it I noticed some avionics guys carrying out tasks that need not be done if the aircraft was in the state HE claimed it was. And upon asking the avionics guys I found out HE had indeed bullshitted yet again. Grrrr!

Now later in the night HE asked me to carry out a task for him. Of which I had done for him once before. I wasn't too sure what circuit breakers had to be pulled in the cockpit to carry out the task, so I told him I wanted to refer to the manual before going any further. To which HE replied HE knew what circuit breakers to pull. So I stood there watching what HE did. Thinking to myself, that wasn't what I did when I followed the manual last time. As HE exited the cockpit I called up "J" and asked him to get a copy of the task from the manual and meet me in the cockpit. When "J" arrived and we worked through the steps HE had indeed pulled all the wrong breakers, not a single one was right! Just then HE came into the cockpit demanding to know why I was taking so long with the task. To which I explained I had to start from scratch as HE had pulled all the wrong breakers. HE then started to explain how what HE did was correct because of...blah... blah...blah...etc. Myself as usual just got bamboozled and glazed over. "J" on the other hand being much more tuned into stuff started to politely disagree with him. In the end HE said it was down to me what I wanted to do. Naturally I explained that I would rather follow the manual. As if anything messes up then it will be the fault of Airbus and not any one of us. HE seem to take a lil offense in my choice of action. But, what the hey, I rather be less liked than thrown in jail when planes start to fall out the sky...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home