Sunday 20 January 2008

So Long Bob




Well past 2 night shifts were a pleasant surprise. Was given a load of non-boring jobs. !st night was repairing a A320 Nose leg. 2nd night was carrying out e full servicing of a A330 engine. Been such a long time since I did such tasks. In all honesty, around a year. Almost felt like old times again. Almost because, the people aren't here.

Finally on my 1st set of days off. Been looking forward to them for so long. Have so many things that need doing. For a start our suitcases haven't been fully unpacked yet. But so far the days have been productive. For a start I'VE SOLD BOB!!! YAY!!! Bob is my S13 Silvia which I bought when I 1st arrived here. Filled with the fantasy of making the use of the super cheap fuel and tyres this country had to offer to perfect my drifting skills.Sadly the reality of the lack of good roads to practice on hit me early on. Then came the problems of a history of poor maintenance, coupled with the hot weather, high humidity and sea breeze. All a recipe for mechanical disaster. Bob's trademark characteristic was for him to spring up totally random problems. None of which were necessary related. For example 1 day it would be a failed door window motor. Next it would be over fueling. Then dead spark plugs. Then power steering failure. Then exhaust gasket failure. Then turbo oil feed line failure. Then fuel line rupture. Then the boot wouldn't open. Then the battery would die. Then the fuel gauge would fail, etc, etc... Think you are getting the picture.

Thou I must add what lil enjoyment I did get from this car was indeed fun. For a start it was my 1st step into turboed motoring. All my cars have always been N/A. And as a drifting platform it was very good. Great feedback, easily controlled and easy to predict. Can see why it is so widely used in drift competitions. But personally to me it feels a lil like cheating to use a silvia in competitions as its so much easier to drift than many other cars. I was at 1st hesitant to sell him as he started 1st time when the buyer came to view. But once I sold him I was a kinda glad to hear that the following day when he owner drove Bob around a while Bob emptied his fuel tank thru a burst fuel feed line. Ahhh, the curse of Bob strikes again. So glad I'm rid of him. Gonna sound like an arse but glad he's someone else's problem now. But I did tell the owner to let me know how Bob turns out once he's finished fixing him up, as well as let me know how many problems Bob throws before he's 100% fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home