Friday 9 November 2007

Joyless

After yesterdays talking to, they've finally put me back on tasks that require concious thoughts. Engine change. It was a lil weird. As once upon a time jobs like that were my bread and butter. Infact once upon a time I used to do minimum 1 a week sometimes 3 a week. Hell I can even remember being placed on just about every BIG (and pain in the ass) job available. From landing gear changes to flight control replacements, cabin modifications and anything else along those lines and in-between. But in my mind it seems so long ago. When I did tonight's engine change it was like recalling something u did many years ago. Still it was refreshing and despite their comments of decreased productivity when "J" n me work together, the placed us on the same engine change. Felt like the good ol' days, working with lil Hitler. Miss all so.

Anyway as expected by nights end we met every target our certifier had laid out for us, even with the leisurely pace, there was an hour or so to spare. Time enough for picture taking. As one of the Filipino chaps was heading home for a month to get married. Wish "W" all the best. One of the few Filipino guys I love working with. Understands English, knows what he is doing, observant, quick learner, sort of guy who is thin on the ground out here.

Well if tonight's job was any indication of things to come guess "J" n me better get ready to work for a living again... All be it without the joy and fun we used to have on the job. Just a case of another day another dollar. Sigh. Know I'm getting old, all this reminiscing of the good ol' days. Wonder if they will ever come round again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home