Thursday 8 November 2007

Work 4 a Living

Was told by "J" that we were having a performance review today apparently. And right he was. Half way through the night shift individually we were called into the office for a 1 on 1 interview with the shift leader and 2nd in charge. Both of us had very similar words spoken. The obvious one being why were we both so lazy and unproductive? And the other one was, were we planning to get the sack, there by being released from our bonding contract.

Just about all of it , I could have foreseen being asked. And as such, it never really bothered me. But such is life that a couple of things did bother me. 1st was being accused of sleeping at the terminal building after departing an aircraft. Something I would never do. At least not in plain sight of everyone, which where they accused me of sleeping... The 2nd was being asked if I was not happy with things at work why did I not speak up sooner? That I countered by asking them, well if you 2 were not happy with my performance and things I do, why did you not speak up sooner? Their answer was, well your review was coming up today so we thought we might as well tell you then. So does that mean they were only unhappy with me the day before the review?

Anyway, at the end of it all they agreed to give us less mind numbing jobs in the future. Or at least a variety of jobs and not the same job everyday as it has been for the past month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home