Monday 28 January 2008

It's Fine

Yet again work has stunned me at the level of unprofessionalism. Everything I say it but every time they raise the bar on what is possible. Had to perform an inspection on some fuel pumps on a B767. As per the instruction of Boeing. When all 4 pumps were removed, 3 outta the 4 in my opinion were pretty screwed. I mean I've just been doing this for a good number of years, so what I perceive might be totally off the mark so I asked my supervisor for his opinion. According to him it was fine, not a fault in the world. Just fit em back in he told me. A lil unsure by the call I asked for a 3rd opinion. And their call was the same as mine. But again the supervisor,who has the final say, proclaimed it perfect. I've attached a couple of pics here for ya. See what you think? I'm sure even those without an engineering background will be able to add some input. See if you can agree with my concerns.











Sorry for the crummy pix, all thanks to my ancient 1.3mpix cam phone. Thankfully I learnt tat the B767 was gonna be grounded for 1 mth anyway as part of the structure of the wing's flap had totally delaminated and warped. And getting a new flap section here might take well over a mth. Kinda unbelievable cos at my previous financially skint work place a new one was delivered within 12hrs... But anyway thanks to this grounding I convinced the supervisor that ordering new pumps would not delay the plane if that was his concern. And his opinion instantly changed. No delay... ok.. change it. But as with all things in this place. Pump not available...it would need to be sent here from somewhere in the world. Could take how long? Who knows? Day, week, month, year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home