Wednesday 17 September 2008

Crack that whip

Thoroughly cheezed off last night while on shift. Plan was this. Finish up the work on the A330 we had in the hanger. Send it for ground runs at 23:00. Straighten out last minute snags and kick it out to the terminal, shiny and new at 02:00. As with all plans it never went according. But the thing that pissed me off was that in anyplace other than here it probably would have worked.
There was just so much dragging it out, mincing about and dicking around going on, nothing got done. The 1 that took the biscuit was 3 guys who were told at 20:00 to put in a new seal, secured by 30 screws. By 03:00 they were still at it. Sadly I was not in charge of them. I would like to say it would be different if that were the case. Blame primarily lies with those 3 guys but not all 100% of it as the task master needs to bear some of it too.
I only started showing interest when the clock hit 03:00 as the aircraft looked in a state ready for ground runs but we couldn't as 3 lazy bitches were hanging out of a man lifter fitting the last 15 screws. So I asked their task master what was the deal and proceeded to stand with him watching them. I watched them botch and fumble about breaking sweat with every movement, dropping screws all over. But what lit my fuse was when I watched them finish screwing in the last 15 screws only to move back to the start and start removing those screws and replacing them again. By now I had to say something. Despite the task master saying it would be useless as they did not regard us engineer white boys as their in charge. Thus would not even pay us any heed. But hey screw it, if anything if would make me feel SO much better by yelling at them.
So I kicked off shouting at yelling and yeah they did blank me but raising my voice and yelling at specific guys even thou I didn't know their names seemed to work. When asked what the hell they were doing, their reply was that they were replacing any old screws with the shiny new ones they had in their hands. That really set me off and I had to launch into them. Summing it up I told them to just make sure a screw was in every hole and was tight. Then to get down and get out of my sight. Was pretty obvious that they were not used to such persistant yelling at by a white boy.
Thank God that they did piss off out the way in under 2 mins. Must add thou that those 3 are the cream of the lazy mofo crop. But it still bugs me a bit that the guy in charge of them didn't make any effort to get them in line even when the mincing got out of hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home