Monday 29 September 2008

Worms & kids

On a bit of a low now. Wifey has left for home for 3 days so I'm stuck home alone. Not to mention my xbox is still dead with E74 message. And it can't be fixed on Microsoft warranty because Malaysia has no Xbox service center. For some reason I just can't get into gaming on the Wii. No matter how good the game, it just don't seem to hook me. And now to make things worse. On the evening Wifey flew off I thought I'd cheer myself up by watching the new Batman film on my nice big Samaung series 3 HDTV via my reasonably new laptop. But as fate has it the film file had some sort of worm embedded in it. Which is now in my laptop.
I have no clue how to ID it so as to find a cure. Characteristics basically are when you boot up for around 2hrs everything is normal. Then its as thou somebody is holding down the keyboard's "P" key permanently. So if you are in a folder you keep cycling to any icon starting with P. Or if you are trying to write a document, the moment you set the cursor to type on the page all you get is a page full of P's and you haven't even touched the keyboard yet! which means you can't enter anything that requires a password cos you can't type anything cos the moment you try to the password box is filled with P's. Now if you reboot your comp locks up as the windows startup screen comes into view, plus lots of loud beeping. Now if you shut down and reboot and arrive on the windows login to windows page you can't cos the worm just keeps inputting P for you. So you have to shut down for around 30mins or so for it to reset to becoming dormant again.Also I realise the intuition of not having pets is a truth for me.
Just spent 2 days alone with Ayumi and already feeling it's far too much of a drain on my time, effort. She's all fuzzy and cute and at times funny. But as with puppies, they crave attention plus being at home all day with the exception of the odd walk, she gets bored so quick. With that in mind I can only imagine the horror of having kids. At least a dog only lasts 12 years tops. Even then you could re home if its becoming that much trouble for you. But with kids...Man... You've gotta pay they way for close on 20 years and even then you don't hear the end of it. Not to mention the cost of em, or the pooping, n puking, n screaming, etc, etc. Dunno how true it is but someone once told me keeping a kid till it's 18 will cost you around US$250,000. Why... why do people have em? What exactly is the incentive to reproduce?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home