Saturday 18 October 2008

Wondering

Well it died again. My XBOX. 1 stupid week was all it lasted. And we aren't even talking monster gaming sessions of old. Like 15hrs non stop. Just 2-4 hrs max a day. Hell some days none at all. Got it all fixed but can't help but wonder how long before it dies again. If only they sold the cheapy XBOX arcade versions here.

Yet again I am wondering if coming here to work was the right choice. After getting adjusted to work here over the past month. It is starting to seem to me that my greatest challenge everytime an aircraft gets put in for maintenance is getting the mechanics to do work. Not some fiendish fault with the aircraft or some devilish defect. Just getting people to work. I really have never seen people so workshy, lazy or childish than those out here. Eveyday I work with them I keep my eyes peeled for that 1 act of redemption. Forever telling myself, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. There will be those who are better. But even those that seem to be, they would be what I would consider as my base expectation.

With 1 of my long time colleagues making a move I am starting to question is it really that great to stay here? Gripes I have here are, the state of the workforce. The fact I have to pay for accommodation and transport to work. I have to pay for the admin required for me to start work. You get no extra money for having more aircraft coverage. Someone qualified on 4 planes is paid the same as someone qualified on only 1. I am expected to work extra hours. All those things are exactly what keeps people away from here. Oh not to mention the pay being half of what could be paid else where.

I know I certainly didn't come here for the cash but all those other lil gripes makes me wonder if I should have been monetarily motivated. Would have been less hassle and more rewarding.

Really dunno what I mean to say in this blog. Just a random rant. Maybe not enough XBOX time, who knows. For now just let time play itself out first and decide slowly. Bottom line I am not being overly taxed mentally or physically here. And I am saving a good portion of my earnings. So why the bitchin' ? Sadly, as always there is the yearning for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home