Monday 6 October 2008

Updates

Managed to get a reduction on the rent. Yay, would be the usual response but somehow this time round its just a half-yay. As part of our negociation stratagy we listed to the landlord all the problems we had when we 1st moved in and still have. Our list was very comprehensive and lasted over a side of A4. So good was our list that the landlord instantly dropped the rent by 40%. But on the flip side was so worried by the number of things wrong with the property that they have decided to sell it, rather than keep hold of it. Let someone else deal with the issues. So wifey n myself are back to digilently house hunting once again.
Wifey's sis has flown back home again. Spent the past week sleeping on the sofa while they had the bed. Strangely I found I slept much better on the sofa than the bed. I put it down to 2 things. 1st, the sofa cushions actually give support where as the bed is a foam mattress, which is now the thickness of a piece of paper. Hence no support at all. 2nd, no dog on the sofa. It's bloodly hard to sleep soundly with this 4 legged, creature walking around on the bed and shifting positions all over the bed in the middle of the night.
Work today is awkward. My plane was supposed to turn up last night but as of this morning hasn't shown up. So once again I am stuck with sweet FA to do. And cos I anticipated work, I left all my study notes at home. So while everyone rushes about on planes I am not qualified on I am sat here doing bugger all, on my own. It ain't so bad doing sod all if you are in a group, but on ya own is something else.
Xbox is off on repairs. Should be back intime for the weekend. Just right to starton the back log of games. Should send my laptop off to be fixed too. Think its a hardware problem not a worm. As the problem of the "P" kep being pressed; I found if I open a TXT file and as the line of P's form, when I hold the Shift key it shows upper case Ps. So keyboard fault I guess. Pain in the ass. Laptop is less than 3mths old. More cash to spend on repairs. Dammit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home