Tuesday 20 November 2007

Lazy MOFOs

Since that fateful job appraisal I've done my best to work toward their standards. But still, its not enough as "J" was told by 1 of our informants. Our supervisors were found talking about us and how lazy we are... still. WTF man. I bug them if there are jobs to do and if there are none or they can't be bothered to call me to give me a job, then its not my fault is it?

Guess I should have read the signs to their feelings as 1 of the better guys, "M" commented to me it was odd I keep being told to change tyres on the aircrafts and nothing else... Then it dawned on me he was right, for every plane in so far I had changed multiple tyres on each. Hardly the job variety I asked for during the appraisal. More to the point this nights goings on seemed to show how little they value me or "J".

For me I was asked to change a wheel but noticed that 2 of the "OK" wheels looked suspect to me so I commented/told the guy I was working with that they need changing. HE said he wasnt too sure about it despite my explanation why, and demanded I seek the knowledge of The Master. When I asked The Master he was very non committal about it. Not willing to say yes or no, The Master asked me to refer to my supervisor who finally made a decision to change them. So I start to change the wheel on my own. Then a couple of minutes into the job a Filipinos joins me on the task. Great I think, easier working as a pair. Then another guy shows up to help. A lil excessive I thought but still ok. Then another shows up! WTF! And yet another!!!OMFG WTF!!! 5 people to change a wheel, jeez. So everybody is getting in each others way, cluster fucking etc, so I think screw it, I'll just handle the paperwork, leave them to get in each others way. So off I go. But as I leave I tell 1 of them the torque figure for the tightening of the wheel. Gave it to him in N/m as opposed to ft/lbs which is the norm. Guy looks weirdly at me. I explain the ft/lb torque wrench is broken and the only torque wrench we have is in N/m. So here is the torque figure in N/m. He then grills me on the calculation of it. I tell him i dunno the conversion rate. I used a unit conversion program on the computer and this is the answer. Still he has no faith in my ability to punch in numbers and goes on trying to work out the conversion himself. Suit yourself I told him, this is the figure. And the manual print out I've done and put on the job board if you want to refer. And I walk off to do the paper work. 5 or so minutes pass when 1 of the Filipinos comes into the office looking for the figures and manual reference. I tell him I've already told the figures to them and printed out the manual reference. So they bugger off. Once I got the paper work wrapped up I wander out to see how they are getting on and I see The Master huddled with all of em, working out the ft/lb to N/m conversion!!! ARRRRGHHHH WTF man WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I go grumble to "J" bout it all. Who then goes over to see what exactly they are fussing over for such a simple calculation. But as he does, "J" gets roped into working it out! When he gets back over to me "J" said not to worry as they kept questioning his working out too, despite the fact he too was using a unit converter program on his phone... And to wind it all up at the end of the night as I go to sign out I hear 1 of the guys who was on the wheel job talking to the supervisor about the torque figures and conversions. ARRRGGHHHH, not being trusted is 1 thing, this is clearly something else.

For "J", it was a third the way thru the night when he was dragged off his duties on engine #1by the supervisor to go help out some guys with an aircraft at the terminal. So dropping it all, he rushes off to their aid. Then part way through the night the same supervisor complains to The Master about the lack of job progress on engine #1. And asked The Master who was in charge of engine #1. "J" is replied The Master. And where is "J" the supervisor asked. Dunno said The master. The supervisor then shook his head and walked off!!! The same supervisor who asked "J" to go to the terminal to help out, is blaming "J" for not being in the hanger working. Jeez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home