Monday 17 November 2008

La revolution

Car died this morning. Think the alternator is dead and thus not recharging the battery. Had to annoy "L" first thing in the morn n ask if he knew any guys staying in my locale who could give me a lift in. Cause he did... just that it happened to be my foreman who picked me up... by all definitions, my boss. Big thanks to "L" for the favour and "O" for drivin me in.

As for the dead car, rental company decided to do no more than just replace the battery... enough to last a week or so before it all happens again. Will call em up tomorrow n force them to give me a new car.

Other than that was a good day at work. Got put incharge of 2 cockpit window changes. Kinda amusing when I went to the parts store to pick up the 2 windows. Ask the guy at the desk for the items in question. He then moved over to have a look for it in a cardboard box around A4 sized. I then stopped him and reminded him a A330 cockpit window is pretty dam big... almost 1m squared. Also pretty dam heavy. He nodded and say he understood, then began looking thru bags of nuts, bolts and screws. He slowly walked back to me and announced... No sir... not there. Wow no shit, maybe if you tried looking in the box again, ya never know you might have missed it, might be under that lil packet of split pins...

When I did finally get it I set 2 of the trainee certifyers on it. Sitting there watching them working away at the window I realised my working life has come full circle. I started off this job sitting watching people work jobs, purely cos I was too clueless to be trusted. And here I am now, once again sitting watching people work jobs, purely cos I am not (supposedly) clueless and those doing the job can't be trusted. How Ironic. Well not totally true. The 2 trainee guys were pretty dam good. Heck alot better than a majority of the mechanics here. Few more of those guys around here, couppled with a 4 on 4 off shift and this contract would be lush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home